Company: Citizens Bank
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Citizens Bank proudly provides comprehensive banking services to
businesses and individuals in 13 Willamette Valley communities,
from our 15 branch locations. With our primary focus on small to
medium size businesses, agriculture, and professionals, we provide
customized loan services as well as a full suite of business
At Citizens Bank, we believe that our success is directly linked to
the overall health of the region we serve. Since 1957, we have
committed ourselves to improving the communities in which we live,
work, and play. We honor that commitment daily by providing a full
range of banking services with a personal, hometown touch; by
supporting the continued prosperity of local businesses; and by
emphasizing honesty, integrity, and fairness in our relationships
with customers, co-workers, and neighbors.
Citizens Bank - Administration
275 SW 3rd Street
Corvallis, OR 9733
This is an EXEMPT / SALARY / OFFICER position. Salary is
commensurate with experience.
The Controller is responsible for leading, directing and providing
support to all members of the Finance department. The individual
will establish and maintain the Bank's fiscal record-keeping
system, ensuring the timely, complete and accurate recording of all
financial transactions. The Controller is responsible for
developing and implementing effective internal controls over
financial and regulatory reporting, and ensuring compliance with
Bank policies, procedures, generally accepted accounting principles
("GAAP"), laws and banking regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Accounting and Reporting
- Monitor and maintain the general ledger daily, ensuring the
timely, complete and accurate recording of all financial
- Consolidate Citizens Bancorp (the "Company") and Citizens Bank
financial statements, monthly, ensuring proper elimination of
- Prepare the Company's and the Bank's financial statements in
accordance with GAAP.
- Design, establish, and maintain internal controls over
- Prepare and file all required regulatory reports (Call Report,
FR2900, Bank Holding Company Reports, etc.)
- Oversee the reconciliation and certification of all balance
- Provide detailed support of the Bank's budgeting process,
including the gathering and combination of branch and department
budgets into a comprehensive, Bank-wide budget. Provide monthly
reporting to branches and departments to support accountability to
Audits and Examinations
- Oversee the independent audit of financial statements and act
as the primary point of contact for independent auditors. Gather,
develop and/or prepare all supporting documents.
- Provide material support for periodic regulatory examinations
and internal audits including the gathering, development and/or
preparation of supporting documents.
Tax and Compliance
- Calculate and record the monthly, quarterly and annual tax
- Gather, review and submit documentation supporting quarterly
estimated tax payments. Remit estimated tax payments.
- Manage and pay property taxes on all bank-owned property.
- Supervise and provide support to the Bank's Stock Transfer
Agent, meeting with shareholders as appropriate. Maintain absolute
discretion and confidentiality with all shareholder
- Oversee the timely, complete and accurate recording of all
- Assist Executive Management and the Board in managing
- Assist in the preparation and mailing of the annual proxy
- Assist in the preparation of documentation supporting dividends
declared and paid. Oversee the entire dividend payment process.
- Supervise and provide support to the Bank's Accounts Payable
- Oversee the accounts payable process, ensuring that controls
are maintained to minimize the risk of fraud and errors.
- Ensure proper approval and general ledger coding of all
invoices prior to payment.
- Manage Federal Reserve, Federal Home Loan Bank and
Correspondent Bank relationships including daily balancing of cash
accounts and maintenance of borrowing lines.
Board and Executive Relations
- Oversee the Executive Assistant in maintaining appropriate
Board communications, including the development and posting of all
- Maintain the safety, integrity, and confidentiality of
customer, shareholder and Board information.
- Build, develop, and maintain positive working relationships
with managers and employees throughout the Bank.
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and direct supervision
to the employees within the Finance Department.
- Ensure strict adherence to applicable Bank policies,
procedures, accounting principles, laws and banking
- Responsible for completing all training courses assigned.
- Serve on the Bank's Management 401(k) Committee.
- Assume responsibility for special projects and other duties as
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, or another
business-related field (or equivalent experience)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 5 or more years of banking experience and/or training.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, budgeting, state and federal
banking compliance regulations, and accounting policies and
- Advanced skills related to the consolidation and reporting of
Bank financial results, and formulation and implementation of Bank
accounting strategies and procedures.
- Advanced math skills.
- Expert skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of human resource and labor laws and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the
ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for one or
more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure
maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports,
correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and
- Ability to address complex problems involving multiple facets
and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and
Citizens Bank offers competitive compensation and outstanding
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Up to 10 Paid Holidays
- Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Banking Privileges
Citizens Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a
credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug
screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Citizens Bank is
a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level,
marijuana is an illegal Schedule I drug; therefore, we will not
employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of
Keywords: Citizens Bank, Corvallis , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!