Medical Office Receptionist
Company: Oregon Nonprofit Hospice Alliance
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Medical Office Receptionist-Casual
Lumina Hospice is seeking a casual (as needed) Medical Office
Receptionist to join our team. The Medical Office Receptionist
supports Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care (Lumina) staff and
organization-wide operations to achieve the Lumina mission of
providing compassionate, patient-centered care at the end of life.
The Medical Office Receptionist coordinates all front-office needs
for staff and serves as the primary liaison for Lumina among its
patients, family members, caregivers and community partners by
providing outstanding customer service. We have an excellent team
of caring individuals committed to our mission by sharing their
talents in our non-profit environment.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Answers phones and greets visitors with professional courtesy,
referring calls and escalating calls to the appropriate staff as
- Promptly and professionally communicates patient needs to
staff, pharmacies, durable medical equipment suppliers, patients'
referring/following provider and the Lumina Medical Director or
physician of the day.
- Communicates scheduling, equipment/supplies and other
non-clinical information to patients and caregivers as requested by
- Monitors incoming faxes and communicates information to the
appropriate individual(s) as needed.
- Assists with processing of prescription orders in pharmacy
- Assists with the setup and takedown for program, staff and team
- Opens and processes mail, making initial routing
- Maintains shared calendars and schedules for events, meetings,
- Assists with the processing of donation checks.
- Helps maintain a neat and well-organized office space.
- Performs all duties in a team environment, offering and
receiving assistance as fluctuating workloads and staff absences
- Orders program snacks and needed supplies as needed.
- Updates medical records forms as requested .
- Provides cross-coverage to members of the team as well as
Medical Records as needed.
- Processes POLST registry forms.
- May be back up support to Medical Records tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care
Policy; and all policies and procedures contained in the Lumina
Hospice & Palliative Care Employee Handbook. Qualifications:
- Commitment to serving the needs of the terminally ill.
- Minimum of one year college education and two years medical
office experience, or equivalent combination of education and
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to learn electronic health record software required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to answer multi-line telephone courteously and
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to confidentiality
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking ability is helpful
Schedule: Hours are varied and may fall within the 8-5, Monday
through Friday work week. This is a casual/per diem position with
no set schedule.
*Preferred applicant will be asked to pass a background check, DMV
check and drug screen following a job offer.
**New employees may be required to complete Tuberculosis screening
and provide proof of Hepatitis B vaccination or signed declination
depending on position.
***Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Lumina has the reputation and community trust that comes from a
local history of providing outstanding end-of-life care, education
and bereavement services to thousands of family's year over year.
We recognize the unique and emotional needs of each patient and
family member. Our caring service delivery as a non-profit provider
is a reputation we plan to keep.
Lumina offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits
package to benefit eligible employees who have regularly scheduled
hours of 20-40 each week. Our benefits include premium choices for
medical, dental, vision, LTD (Long Term Disability), AD&D
(Accidental Death & Dismemberment) and life insurance, along with
access to a Flexible Spending Account or a Health Savings Account.
Our employees also receive mileage reimbursement, 403 B retirement
plan, vacation and sick time accrual, two personal days and 9 paid
Working for Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care, a community-based
nonprofit organization, may make you eligible for the Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Lumina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law.
Keywords: Oregon Nonprofit Hospice Alliance, Corvallis , Medical Office Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!