Senior Quality Engineer
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Local Unit & Position DescriptionWe're looking for a Senior
Quality Engineer to join our team in developing, testing, and
operating an enterprise Asset Performance Management solution used
by utilities to maintain and improve the reliability of electrical
grids worldwide.This solution is being rewritten to transform it
from a client-server, desktop application with an on-prem,
perpetual licensing commercial model to a microservices, cloud
native application, hosted & operated in Microsoft's managed
Kubernetes service (AKS) with a SaaS commercial model. Our team
takes pride in working closely with our utility customers to make
it easier for them to do their jobs - maintaining and operating
electric grid assets to produce electric power safely and reliably
and deliver it to consumers.Are you interested in:
- Working for a trusted organization, dedicated to safeguarding
life, property, and the environment?
- Working for an organization where employees are at the heart of
everything we do?
- Working in a collaborative environment with a culture of
continuous learning and sharing?
- Working with an exceptional team to deliver world class
software to the Electrical Utility industry?We are seeking someone
who is passionate about the art and craft of software testing, who
loves to apply their technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
to verify and validate the quality of the software produced by the
team.What you'll do
- Contribute to meeting the team's goal of delivering high
quality products according to our product roadmap
- Work with the team to develop a test strategy by choosing the
right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario,
exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.)
- Be a source of input to product management to help them make
decisions about features and releases
- Collaborate with developers to offer fast feedback through pair
testing and identify gaps in test coverage
- Work with the cross-functional team to deliver feedback on
process changes, especially as they affect the quality of the
- Coach developers and testers in how to carry out our testing
- Automate tests using Playwright with TypescriptPosition
QualificationsWhat is required
- 5 years of experience developing or testing web
- 3 years of experience with test tooling/frameworks (Playwright,
Cypress, Postman, etc.)
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Pre-employment drug and background screeningWhat is Preferred
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (e.g.
Java, Ruby, Python, SQL). Typescript a plus.
- Proficient with the basics of source control, such as Git.
- Familiar with basic SQL database structures and queries.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in development, testing,
and product management.
- Experience using agile practices in a DevOps environment.
- A clear understanding of test coverage and its relationship to
unit test coverage.
- Passion for continuous development of your testing skills and
willingness to share that passion with others.
- Take ownership and pride in our products and our relationship
with our customers.
- Ability to clearly explain the reasoning behind test decisions
to colleagues inside and outside of development teams.'
- Adaptable and willing to contribute to our continuing
transition to agile practices in a DevOps culture."
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa
sponsorship, are not available for this position "What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental
Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose
- Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits,
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee
electionHow We Do ItWe Care, We Dare, We ShareDNV is a proud equal
opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse
workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.DNV is
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a
disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who
require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment
department (). Information received relating to accommodations will
be addressed confidentially.For more informationDNV is proud to
announce being named one of Houston's best places to work in the
2022 Houston Business Journal - Best Places to Work competitionRead
more hereDiversity at DNV Meet our EmployeesAbout DNVCareers in
DNVPlease visit our website at Company & Business Area
DescriptionDNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk
management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad
experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable
performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent
solutions.We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and
software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and
healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk
and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines,
processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported
by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable
companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a
sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
Keywords: DNV, Corvallis , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...