Company: TEC Equipment
Posted on: May 22, 2019
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck
and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations
in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our
humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and
operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
Our Wilsonville, OR location hosts a busy parts and service
department and truck and trailer leasing outlet. We are a
Mack/Volvo-certified Uptime Service Center. We have a full-time
opportunity for a Diesel Technician/Mechanic. In this role, you
play a big part in delivering on our customer commitment which is
to gain customer loyalty by providing exceptional service.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities - we are the only
dealership in North America who is able to conduct all Mack/Volvo
training up to the master tech certification within our in house
Our benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
* Healthcare, Commuter, and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Length of Service Recognition Program
* Referral Bonus Program
* CDL License and Medical Review Fee
* Uniforms and Cleaning Service
* Steel-Toed Boot and Tool Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be
* Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests to troubleshoot
issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
* Identify worn and damaged parts (all parts to include major
components such as engines and transmissions), repairing,
adjusting, or replacing as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and
adjusting controls and systems.
* Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating
parts and service options.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Follow all state and federal safety, DOT, and EPA regulations.
Use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by
participating in educational opportunities.
* AA in Diesel Technology desired
* Must have practical experience in commercial class 8 truck repair
field; preferably in dealership environment
* Must have own hand tools and be proficient in use of all tools of
* Proficient in the repair and diagnosis of: diesel engines; power
train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, and drive
shafts; electrical systems, HVAC systems, hydraulic systems,
steering systems, and brakes
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job in safe and alert
manner (job requires frequent lifting/moving, climbing, stooping,
kneeling, seeing, grasping, etc.)
* Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of
pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for
positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR
record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: TEC Equipment, Corvallis , Diesel Technician/Mechanic, Engineering , Wilsonville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!