Dental Assistant Lead
Company: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center
Posted on: May 6, 2022
JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant, Lead
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
FLSA: Non-Exempt JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of a
Dentist in a practice care setting, assists the dentist in
providing dental treatment and partner to support purchasing,
facilities and safety/risk/compliance functions. PRIMARY JOB
- Responsible for utilizing inventory appropriately and
management of dental supplies.
- Sterilization hands-on training and daily process including
daily checks that all instruments in inventory have been sterilized
- Spore testing oversight, ensuring weekly testing is completed
- Dental water unit line maintenance oversight
- Vacuum line maintenance oversight
- Dental equipment maintenance oversight
- Provides additional support as requested with Risk and PM on
Radiology and Nitrous Oxide monitoring
- Biohazard disposal oversight
- Assist PM with completing OSHA onsite walkthrough with new
hires at onboarding and the current annual office OHSA
- Monthly safety audit oversight, ensuring information is entered
in to Service Channel
- Ensuring all clinical staff are following disinfection
processes of all clinical area, per current policy and SOP
- Partner with Risk, Lead Dentist and PM to ensure all employees
have completed Fit-testing upon hire and subsequent annual
- Collaborate with the Practice Manager and Lead Doctor to
provide leadership and support to maximize team performance to meet
operational objectives and goals.
- Responsible for assisting with patient paperwork, including
charting dental needs and documenting patient oral and medical
- Assists dentist(s) in all clinical and chairside dental
procedures, which includes patient management through
- Responsible for taking and developing x-rays as prescribed by
the dentist while following radiographic safety measures, upon
- Performs sterilization and disinfection techniques of dental
instruments and treatment rooms as required by OSHA, CDC, and ADA
- Communicates effectively and compassionately to patients about
dental treatment needs and recommendations as prescribed by the
dentist(s); this includes discussing home care and post-operative
care after procedures and surgeries.
- Prepares various materials such as dental cements, impression
materials or other restorative materials as prescribed by the
dentist(s) or hygienist.
- Completes follow up calls on extensive treatments and reports
back to dentist.
- Responsible for setup of treatment room, to include keeping the
room organized and properly maintained.
- Assists with training future Dental Assistant I employees,
mentor Dental Assistant I and Dental Assistant II employees; which
includes training for any new equipment.
- Following appropriate training, responsible for the maintenance
of all dental equipment.
- Assists in the prevention and management of dental medical
- Assists with front desk or other administrative duties as
- Attends and participates in team meetings, and effectively
works in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives;
conducts Dental Assistant meetings on a frequent and reoccurring
basis within the practice with the doctors and office manager
present for insight and input.
- Maintains patient records in compliance with HIPAA.
- Other duties as needed or required. JOB
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Pass the competency skills checklist
- Knowledge of insurance and treatment plans
- Strong leadership, organizational and prioritization skills
- For states that have advanced certifications or licensure for
expanded functions, at least one of the following certifications
may be required to meet job expectations: EFDA, EFODA, EFOSA,
- Certified in Expanded Functions, non-restorative, where
required by state, to perform skills such as coronal polish,
sealant application, temporary restorations and monitoring nitrous
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and manage time
- Current CPR, BLS or PALS required or ability to obtain within
30 days of start date.
- Radiology certificate as required by state, or willingness to
obtain within 180 days of start date.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday and occasional weekends as
scheduled and based on business needs
- Ability to maintain continuing education (CE) as required by
state or business requirements.
- Ability to travel to work at other practices as needed.
- Advanced certifications such as: Nitrous, DAANCE, Pit and
Fissure Sealant, Soft-Reline, Coronal Polishing, and /or EFODA if
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a dental assistant.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such
as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out
position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office
environment. The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform
this position. ** In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan,
employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable
laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and
report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's
Compliance Officer. ** DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program
affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified
individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless
the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation
of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional
information regarding this Program.
Keywords: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center, Corvallis , Dental Assistant Lead, Healthcare , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!