Clinic Medical Office Receptionist
Company: Samaritan Health Services
Posted on: September 15, 2023
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Performs receptionist duties and provides clerical support for
office. Greets patients and interfaces with hospital staff,
clinical staff, patients and visitors in a professional
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Primary Care teams at Samaritan Health Services offer
complete health care for all family members from newborns to
seniors through their pediatric, family medicine and internal
medicine providers. They encourage and offer preventive care,
including annual exams, health screenings and counseling regarding
health and lifestyle.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience and/or training with computer applications
- Minimum of one (1) year experience and/or training in a
position of similar responsibility and complexity preferred.
- Experience and/or training with medical/insurance terminology
- Service Orientation - Successfully apply knowledge of various
resources/models of recovery to assist and care for others.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
and systems such as word processing, managing files and records,
designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Confidentiality - Knowledge of State and Federal (HIPAA) laws
pertaining to confidentiality of protected health information.
Ability to comply with laws and maintain confidentiality of patient
- Time Management - Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending
issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive
in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Team Building - Ability to work, function and communicate on a
multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to
develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with
others and maintain them over time.
- Social Perceptiveness - Ability to work with a diverse
population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of
age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with
patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs
and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards
persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 - 100% of the time)
WALK - INCLINE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
SQUAT Static (hold > 30 sec)
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
CLIMB - STAIRS
KNEEL (on knees)
REACH - Upward
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
Keywords: Samaritan Health Services, Corvallis , Clinic Medical Office Receptionist, Healthcare , Newport, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!