Company: Samaritan Health Services
Posted on: September 18, 2023
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Collects blood samples from inpatients and outpatients.
Identifies samples which have been incorrectly collected or
processed. Processes physician orders for laboratory testing.
Represents the laboratory in a professional manner to patients,
hospital staff and medical staff.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The laboratory teams at Samaritan Health Services have
responsibilities for testing samples that may include blood, body
fluids and tissue to aid in diagnosis of diseases, illnesses or
conditions that may need medical attention. Lab tests are processed
for hospital inpatients and emergency room patients twenty four
hours a day. In addition, testing is performed on outpatient and
clinic specimens. All Samaritan Health Services labs are licensed
by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - the
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments Act (CLIA), and
accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Healthcare Provider Level BLS required.
- Training in an approved Phlebotomy Training Program or one (1)
year recent phlebotomy experience required.
- Phlebotomist Certification preferred.
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills - Ability to collect and
analyze data and other information, solve problems and make
decisions while using clear and logical steps.
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for
providing customer service within the healthcare community. This
includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for
services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Conflict resolution - Ability to proactively resolve conflicts
in a positive and constructive manner. Possess the knowledge and
skills to handle complaints, settle disputes, and negotiate with
others to reach mutually beneficial decisions.
- Time Management - Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending
issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive
in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Compliance Monitoring - Ability to monitor performance of self,
other individuals and processes by applying knowledge of
established performance standards from regulatory agencies as well
as employer and understanding regulatory licensure and
- Training and Education - Ability to communicate technical
concepts and to make presentations and demonstrations to customers
and new employees.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 - 100% of the time)
CLIMB - STAIRS
WALK - INCLINE
CLIMB - LADDER
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
KNEEL (on knees)
PUSH (0 - 20 pounds force)
PULL (0 - 20 pounds force)
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
REACH - Forward
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
SQUAT Static (hold > 30 sec)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
Keywords: Samaritan Health Services, Corvallis , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!