Avalon Healthcare Sponsored Nursing Assistant Classes in Oregon-No Cost to qualified Candidates
Company: Avalon Health Care
Posted on: March 7, 2019
OverviewAvalon Health Care Sponsored Nursing Assistant Training Program in Corvallis, OR
Are you Passionate, Caring and interested in working in the nursing field? Are you driven to provide excellent Customer Service? We are looking for eager individuals that want to provide superb care to our Long-Term Care Residents!
The purpose of the series of classes is to teach you good basic nursing care so that you may give the best possible care to residents.
After you successfully complete and pass this course, you will graduate and receive a Certification of Completion which entitles you to take the State Competency Exam. Upon passing the State Competency exam, you will receive your certification.
Students who complete the course and receive their certification will have employment opportunities at Avalon Health Care Group.ResponsibilitiesThe Nursing Assistant Pre-Certification course consists of at least 88 classroom hours and 84 clinical hours.
This sponsored class includes:
- --- Classroom instruction
- --- Clinical instruction
- --- Textbook, workbook
- --- Name badge
Student is responsible to purchase:
- --- Scrubs
- --- Closed toed shoes
- --- CPR certification for specific locations: American Heart Association for Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers or Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider from the American Red Cross. Required at specific locations:Woodburn; Corvallis; Springfield.
Student is responsible for Oregon State Board of Nursing Exam Fees:
Oregon State Board of Nursing charges each candidate a fee of $106.00 for the exam plus $64.50 for the finger print processing. Therefore, these total fees that are due at exam registration are $170.50. Avalon will sponsor your application fees if fully hired on at one of our facilities.
- Must be 18 years old by the training graduation date
- Pass a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen Test
- Must be able to read and understand simple and verbal instructions in English
- Be able and willing to work under the direction of licensed nursing staff
- Be willing to take responsibility for actions, set priorities and use good judgement in performing job skills
- Be open-minded and professional in resolving problems/conflicts.
- Be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, as required by the job; should have adequate function of hands/fingers and be able to speak clearly; should have normal near, distal and peripheral vision and normal fearing or have the necessary correction.
- Understand that the Nursing Assistant position involves exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues and contaminated sharps.
- Understand she/he may work with confused, combative or uncooperative patients/residents of all ages and be able to adapt care.
- Be able to understand the basic Metric System
- Must obtain CPR: American Heart Association for Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers or Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider from the American Red Cross. Required at specific locations: Woodburn; Corvallis; Springfield.
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO) committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.EEOAvalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, email@example.com.
Keywords: Avalon Health Care, Corvallis , Avalon Healthcare Sponsored Nursing Assistant Classes in Oregon-No Cost to qualified Candidates, Healthcare , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!