ASST STORE MGR
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Company Overview: Dollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. - by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000
stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about
Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com. Job Details: GENERAL
SUMMARY: - -The Assistant Store Manager helps maintain a clean,
well-organized store with a customer-first focus. At the direction
and delegation of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager
assists with supervision of store employees, management and
presentation of merchandise, completion of paperwork, and
preparation of deposits. - The Assistant Store Manager also
performs stocking and cashiering functions, and performs other
duties as necessary to maximize profitability and customer
satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
-DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: -
- Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist
customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the
- Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assist Store Manager with scheduling employees, providing
adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and
ensuring employee compliance with company policies and
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including
receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise
on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling
damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms; ensure
merchandise is presented according to established practices and
Store Manager direction.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through
strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company
security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign
for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money
- Assist with management of the store in the Store Manager's
absence. Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions and generate
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months
supervisory experience preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other
Dollar General stores. - -Dollar General Corporation is an equal
Keywords: Dollar General, Corvallis , ASST STORE MGR, Hospitality & Tourism , Philomath, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!