Merchandiser - Seasonal - Central Coast
Company: Columbia Distributing
Location: Lincoln City
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Our Merchandisers play a pivotal role at Columbia Distributing.
Over the course of distribution, Merchandising is the final stop in
getting beverages into our customer's hands. After the Delivery
team delivers product to the store, a Merchandiser will stock and
rotate our products so they are ready to sell. This position works
closely with our Delivery, Sales, and retail partners, to provide
exceptional customer service.
- In retail accounts, work product from store back stock and/or
delivery loads; handling cases, bottles and cans of beer, wine,
spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages for the purpose of sale or
storage. This includes filling and rotating product in cold boxes,
on dry shelves, and building and maintaining displays with POS
(point of sale) as necessary.
- Drive personal vehicle on assigned route. Merchandisers do not
transport any product in personal vehicles, nor to and from any
- Provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts.
Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented
relationships with co-workers, Supervisors, Managers and others you
come into contact with throughout your job
- Engage in direct communication with store personnel and Sales
teammates to effectively complete account services
- Accurately clock in and out of required timekeeping
application, adhering to state labor laws for breaks, etc.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company's
Core Values at all times
- Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned
- Ability to work independently and with a team. Manage multiple
tasks and meet productivity deadlines through effective
organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and
- Strong work ethic and self-accountability
This job operates in our accounts, mostly indoors with occasional
- Lift/carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs.
- Push/pull up to 100 lbs. with the use of manual cart or pallet
- Bend/stoop/crouch/squat/ use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
- Climb stairs
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle for driving
- Must be able to operate manual, non-powered equipment
Expected Hours of Work
This is a seasonal position. Days/hours of work vary may include
weekends overtime as necessary.
Local travel required. Regional Travel may be requested
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance required for driving
- Must own and be able to operate a mobile smart phone device
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous grocery or retail experience
Reports to: Merchandising Supervisor
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days*
- Holiday Pay*
- Competitive Health Insurance Plans (medical, dental and
- 401(k) with company matching*
- Short Term Disability and more*
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Scholarship Programs
- Corporate Events Discounts
* Benefit may not be available for positions covered under an
active CBA, seasonal, or part-time.
Columbia Distributing is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (425)251-9300 or email
email@example.com if you have questions regarding reasonable
Keywords: Columbia Distributing, Corvallis , Merchandiser - Seasonal - Central Coast, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!