Company: NuScale Power, LLC.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Note: Work will start out being performed remotely due to
COVID-19 restrictions still in place in Oregon. This position will
ultimately require work to be performed in our Corvallis, OR office
once restrictions have been fully lifted.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, Systems Engineering
this position works in close collaboration with multiple
disciplines to support requirements and configuration management
across multiple NuScale products. As part of the Systems
Engineering team, this position will support product development
teams and other systems engineers by developing and maintaining
hierarchical product structures (bills of material (BOMs)),
developing and maintaining change artifacts (change requests,
change notices), and supporting impact assessments for proposed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with lead Systems Engineers, engineering managers,
supervisors, and design engineers to develop and maintain
hierarchical product structures in the ARAS PLM platform.
- Support the change control process by supporting impact
assessments for proposed changes and developing and maintaining
- Produce Systems Engineering deliverables in accordance with
company procedures and standards.
- Effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the
individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the
essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily
in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving : Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own
judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team
members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication : Listens carefully and speaks
clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for
accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex
written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal
networks within the organization.
- Collaboration : Works well with other team members, and is able
to adapt to working with members across the NuScale
- Planning/organizing : Prioritizes and plans work activities,
organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks
project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability : Adapts to changes in the work environment,
manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent
interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability : Consistently on time and at work, responds to
management expectations and solicits feedback to improve
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal
networks and trust within the organization.
- Safety Culture : Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is
expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high
- Quality Assurance : Demonstrated understanding and
implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and
guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES :
- Education/Certification : A minimum of a B.S. degree in
Engineering from an ABET accredited university required. CM2
Comprehensive, EIA-649, or similar configuration management
certification preferred. 5+ years of specific full-time training
and experience in operating and maintaining nuclear power plants
(i.e. Navy Nuclear training or NRC RO training) may be considered
in lieu of education requirements.
- Experience : A minimum of 2 years of full-time professional
experience in Systems Engineering with demonstrated experience in
configuration management, BOM management, and/or engineering or
enterprise change control.
- Required Skills:
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts, tools, techniques
- Requirements Engineering (i.e., elicitation, derivation,
allocation, traceability, etc.)
- Configuration management (i.e., familiarity with CM2,
- Verification and Validation (i.e., IEEE 1012)
- Trade Studies
- Design/Gate Reviews
- Strong technical writing, communication, computer, and
- Ability to be proactive and work with minimal direction once
tasks are assigned and understood.
- Ability manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with computer-based data management and/or
model-based systems engineering software (e.g., Genesys, Core,
Capella, Sparx, Cameo, MagicDraw, Rational Rhapsody, Rational DOORS
- Experience working with product lifecycle management (PLM)
infrastructure and tools (ARAS preferred).
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in power generation or nuclear industries.
- Industry Requirements : Eligible to work under Department of
Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone,
personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and
understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a
rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk;
bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands
- Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and
responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety
threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and/or skills required of all employees in this
Keywords: NuScale Power, LLC., Corvallis , Engineer, Other , corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!