Printing Emissions and Air Quality Product Steward
Company: HP Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2019
Sustainability considerations are integral to HP research and
development. We continually challenge ourselves to reduce the
environmental impact of our products and meet increasing customer
demand for more sustainable alternatives.
Through our company-wide Design for Environment (DfE) program,
launched in 1992, more than 50 environmental product stewards
around the world work with design teams to identify and evaluate
potential improvements in design alternatives, product labeling,
chemical choices and recyclability. The principles of DfE help set
requirements and fuel innovations in all new HP-designed hardware
products and printing supplies. Environmental product stewards help
teams to improve product performance, measure progress and
communicate results to customers, HP management and other
This position is for a Product Steward to support world-wide indoor
and outdoor air quality requirements and testing as they relate to
the printing industry 3D Printing, LaserJet, inkjet and graphics
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure current products meet world-wide Air Quality regulatory
and market access criteria throughout product changes and new or
- Work with Product Stewards and R&D throughout the Product
Development Process to ensure new products meet regulatory and
market access requirements, including performance of standardized
testing and conducting exposure safety assessments.
- Respond to customer inquiries and support internal partner
requests for customer support information.
- Lead and support the development and improvement of Product
Stewardship Air Quality processes and tools.
- Drive Product Sustainability through efforts with R&D,
Marketing and the Sustainability Team for products and
- Set up and lead Quarterly Business Reviews with business
- Develop schedules, critical deliverables, budgets, resource
allocation plans and other support requirements for assigned
programs. (Project Management)
- Coordinate the Air Quality activities of project teams
including internal and external partners; track progress against
established plans and make decisions to alter or update schedule
and resource allocations to meet product requirements and
- Communicate project status to a broad array of stakeholders and
internal partners. Present summaries to management and team
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene,
Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Physical Sciences
or the equivalent.
- 5-10 years of Air Quality experience. Prefer world-wide
experience, US, EU, China, etc. Prefer both Indoor Air Quality and
Outdoor Air Quality experience. Experience in the printing industry
Knowledge and Skills:
- The most important requirement for this job is passion: passion
for customers, passion for technology, passion for the environment,
and passion for learning.
- Desire candidates who have excellent communication and
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and can
learn Visio, MS Project, SharePoint applications, etc.
- A passion for organizing data, working with people, excellent
phone etiquette and collaboration skills.
- Anticipate requirements and take initiative.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of partners, stakeholders,
technologists, across the globe.
- Work in situations with modest ambiguity, bring passion to
create solutions to problems or issues that arise.
- Ability to grow within HP into positions of greater influence
Keywords: HP Inc., Corvallis , Printing Emissions and Air Quality Product Steward, Other , Corvallis, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!